In case you’re utilizing an IMAP or POP record, for example, those gave by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), at that point your record data is put away within an Outlook Data File (PST). Then again, in case you’re utilizing an Office 365, Exchange, or Outlook.com account, the information is put away in the Offline Outlook Data File (OST).
Typically, these information documents are entirely solid, yet they can inevitably quit working or get harmed, and therefore, all work area adaptations of Outlook packages a fixed apparatus to investigate and fix issues with .pst records, just as the capacity to recover the .ost document consequently.
In this Windows 10 guide, we’ll walk you through the means to fix defiled information records, recuperate missing things from your inbox, issues opening Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, and more established forms utilizing a .ost or .pst document.
- How to fix Offline Outlook Data File (.ost)?
- How to fix Outlook Data File (.pst)?
Step by step instructions to fix Offline Outlook Data File (.ost)
Regardless of whether you’re utilizing an Exchange, Office 365, or Outlook.com account, to fix issues with a .ost document, close the email application, and afterward utilize these means:
- Open Control Panel.
Snappy Tip: If you’re utilizing just the default profile named “Standpoint,” you can type this way: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook to hop legitimately to the area of the .ost record, and jump to step No. 12. Something else, proceed with the means beneath.
- Click on User Accounts.
- Click the Mail alternative.
- Via the “Post office Setup” experience, click the Show Profiles button.
- Select the profile with the record you need to fix. (The default profile is classified “Viewpoint.”)
- Click the Properties button.
- Snap the Email Accounts button.
- Click the Data Files tab.
- Select the messed up account.
- Click the Open File Location button.
- Click the nearby catch for the “Records Settings,” “Mail Setup,” and “Mail” windows.
- Right-click the .ost document for the record having issues, and select the Delete alternative.
When you complete these means, open the work area adaptation of Outlook again to reproduce the .ost document for the record you expect to fix.
Step by step instructions to fix Outlook Data File (.pst)
- On the other hand, for the situation that you’re utilizing an email account utilizing IMAP or POP settings, to fix issues with a .pst document, close the Outlook application, and afterward utilize these means:
- Use the Windows key + R to open the Run order.
- Type the accompanying way and snap the OK button:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
Brisk Note: The above way applies to Office 2016, Office 2019, and Office 365. In case you’re running Outlook 2013, utilize this way: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15. For the situation that you have a more established rendition of the application, change “Office15” in the way to “Office14” for Outlook 2010, or to “Office13” for Outlook 2007 in the way.
- Double-click the SCANPST.EXE record to open the Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair understanding.
- Click the Browse button.
- Locate the .pst record you need to fix.
- Click the Open catch.
- Click the Start button.
- Check the Make a reinforcement of checked document before fixing choice (in the event of some unforeseen issue).
- Click the Repair button.
Subsequent to finishing the means, the Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair Tool will output and fix the .pst record for the email account with issues. When the fix finishes, you can dispatch Outlook, and the issues with the record should now be settled.
If you want to more information click now